Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Voice

       When I wake up in the morning the first thing I think of is what I am going to wear. I get out of bed and run a quick image of the contents in my closet through my mind. After I have decided what to wear I start everything else. Fashion is my life. It is not only the most important part of who I am but the most important outlet in my life. I grew up knowing that I loved fashion. I didn't just stumble upon it one day. Ever since I was a child and could operate a sewing machine, around age 6, I began designing and creating. With my colored pencils in hand and all of the scrap paper I could ever dream of I began drawing. I didn't doodle stick figures and flowers like most girls. I started out with a vision and transferred that vision onto paper. I could create countless outfits for numerous occasions and people.
       One day I started creating things for myself. I would take clothes that didn't fit anymore or that I couldn't stand to wear and would make them into something completely knew. The first thing I made was a shirt. I had some material that my mom had given me and decided that it would make a lovely tank top, and it did. Throughout the years I taught myself how to sew basically Mostly through trial and error I had my successes and failures. It taught me that I could create anything that I wanted to and most importantly that I could do anything that I put my mind to. From that point on I decided that my passion would be my future career.
      Now that I am in school for Fashion Retail Management I plan to absorb as much as possible to become a success in the fashion industry. I will own my own line and boutique some day in the near future. The Art Institutes is the perfect place for me because it is a place for creativity. There are other people just like me that have the same goal in mind; to fulfill their desire in pursuing their passion. I am not just a designer but an artist, a creator, and an admirer for all things artistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment