Thursday, January 15, 2015

Best Job VS Worst Job


My worst job was coincidentally my very first “real” job. I started 13 days after I turned 16 at Carter’s Inc. as a sales associate. My days consisted of repeatedly straightening onsies and baby accessories while dealing with unruly children and most of the time their angry moms. At first I loved how simple it seemed but was shown how it would all change. I started to see the different sides of my employers. Some days they would be fine, most days it seemed like I was their way of getting all of their personal anger out. I was later promised a position as a supervisor and was even trained for it. Days before my set promotion date I was told that the position had to be given to another employee. At that point I was fed up with the treatment I started to receive on a daily basis despite my hard work and loyalty and decided it might be time to find a different job after 2 years of hard yet unappreciated work. Both Coach and Michael Kors recruited me while I was contemplating resigning from Carter’s. After a few interviews at both stores and weighing out the pros and cons, I chose Coach. I have been working for Coach since July 14th of 2014 and love it. The rate I started at was unbelievable and I was also offered aide with my tuition through the company. Aside from the benefits I love what I do and the people I work with. I am now treated with respect and am allowed to exercise my creative abilities daily through visual displays and other responsibilities that have been given to me. The company even offered me a paid internship in New York for Design. As a sales associate I meet pleasant people more than I do the unpleasant ones and each customer seems like a friendly acquaintance rather than a sale. I have the luxury of enjoying where I work and doing something that I love. Your best job cannot get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment